It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 am
Board index » Aesthetic Dermatology » Botox Forum

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:12 am 
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody has ever experienced or heard of a hollowness under the eyes and slight cheek droop after botox for crows feet? I had injections for crows feet and between the brows on the 21st December, three days after awoke to a strange sunken eye look with a slightly droopy upper left cheek which makes my face look bizzare and ugly. I called Allergan and reported this today,they were very helpful and said they have had similar reports but this is not as common as the dreaded eyelid/brow droop. I also told them I have had dry sore eyes and a weird pressure feeling in the left side of my face - they pretty much said that is not related to botox but would put it in the adverse effects report. I am petrified I will look like a side show freak forever and would appreciate any avice.

I also think it is so important to report any side effects to Allergan so that people are making informed choices which are based on fact rather than manipulated statistics when choosing to use botox for cosmetic purposes.

Tanya

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 pm 
I had Botox only once 3 years and 8 months ago...the very bad side effects stayed with me for years...sorry. I won't go into it all now, but I also had droops under both eyes and especially my left eye which was noticable! Sinus pressure, eye pain, headaches, vision problems, etc.
It is the Botox! It will eventually wear off...good luck! Not worth the nightmare it has caused! Please report ALL side effects to the FDA!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:47 pm 
Thanks so much for your reply. I was beginning to think I was the only person ever to have experienced this type of horrible side effect. I am in Australia and have been unable to find any "valid" infrmation on botox side effects other than this forum. Can I ask are you the lady that had the problem with depressions in your brow from the restalyne/botox combination? I am so sorry to hear of your nightmare if you are. Did you have previous trauma in the area where the botox caused the damage?

I am very concerned because I have swollen ridges at then edge of my eye socket that create weird depressions in my cheeks when I smile. As several people have noted in this forum nobody knows the long term effects, so how can I know if my face will go back to normal? I am so scared! The other thing I keep thinking is how do all of the movie stars and models have large and regular botox injections with no obvious side effects?? I dont get it.... I had the smallest amount for very dynamic crows feet and a tiny bit in between my brows and end up with this nightmare. I know I sound like a whining victim but I am so frustrated, angry and frightened.

Tanya

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:59 pm 
Well, I am not the person with the depressions in my brow. But I can not describe to you how bad the headache, severe left eye pain, severe dry eyes caused by my lower lids being weakened & lowered (the opthamologist advised my eyes couldn't close all the way because the top lids couldn't reach my lower lids as I slept). One medical assistant who knew me from before Botox said it almost looked like I had suffered a mild stroke - especially on the left side...but I just saw her last week after almost a year and she said I looked I looked great - she said it was obvious the Botox had caused the droop, swollen, puffiness around the eyes and cheeks...Wish I had never heard of Botox, wish that they did not advertise it as cosmetic and nonevasive! Wish that the FDA made them disclose in tv and print ads that there are frequent side effects-even if they are rare! Hang in there, if I can tell you the effects will wear off, you can have hope you will return to normal sooner than I did!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:28 pm 
I am so grateful that you have taken the time to respond to me. As horrible as it sounds, knowing that someone else has suffered through and recovered from a similar experience is the only comfort I have had during this time. Was there anything you could do to speed up the eye droop recovery? And is there anything you can do for the dry eyes. My eyes feel as though they have no tears at all, it is horrendous!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 pm 
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody has ever experienced or heard of a hollowness under the eyes and slight cheek droop after botox for crows feet? I had injections for crows feet and between the brows on the 21st December, three days after awoke to a strange sunken eye look with a slightly droopy upper left cheek which makes my face look bizzare and ugly. >>>>>>>>>>>>..

oH My Good God ! This is EXACTLY what happened to me.
Oh wow how I wish I had found your post.
I hope that your problem went away and thats why youre not posting here.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:37 pm 
I am completely back to normal now. I am so sorry that you have the same problem, it is so scary and frustrating, especially when you have spent a lot of money in the hope of looking good.

Your face will be back to normal before you know it. It took me about 10 weeks to be free of the sunken dark eyed looked. I also had days that were worse than others I have no idea why..... From the minute I had the last lot of botox I had weird problems, pain in the injection area and sinus type headaches and face pain. I am completely 100% fine now though.

You will go back to normal. A registered nurse from Alergan told me this side effect is not uncommon but not as common as the droopy eye brow/lid.

Take care

Tanya

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:44 pm 
Thank you SO much for your reply to me.

And I guess this was actually a good test of a new guy I went out with.
He rejected me because of looking different from pics taken just a month ago.
So this saved me from a shallow boyfriend !

:) huge hugs to you !

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:06 am 
Me too! It's been about 9 weeks and I still look and feel like crap!! I had no idea this was a possiblity. People - seriously think twice about having this done or be very, very cautious. I feel like I've lost my face and my life!! I feel disfigured! I was pretty and happy, now I'm ugly and anxious - hallows, dark circles, cheek drop, cheek depressions. I look tired, sick and old!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:44 pm 
I personally have not experienced any downsides to receiving my first botox treatment. Everything has been just LOVELY! :P However, I did catch someone here mention dry eyes... and now that I've thought about it, my eyes seem to be extra dry lately. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and my eyes will feel so dry that they actually hurt. I just chalked it up to over-wearing my contacts all day long (I remove them at night). But now that I've read this thread here, I'm wondering if the botox has something to do w/ it. Hhhm. Thank you for submitting this information... I may look into this further.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:42 pm 
I searched the web for info on this because I too am a victim. I had botox injections for crows feet 10 days ago and I look like a ZOMBIE!. My eyes are sunken into my head, when I smile I get this huge ridge underneath my sunken eyes and deep triangular dents under the outside corner of each eye. In addition, the skin under my eyes is very dark and the skin very wrinkled. I also have noticeble cheek droop on both sides. I went to the Diamond provider in my area and told him I was worried about treating my crows feet because I previously got a slight "shelve" effect. He told me he was treating me very conservatively so as to prevent this but obviously something went very wrong. This is much worse than what I experienced before. I look positively freakish and at least 10 years older than before the injection. I have a major event in 2 weeks and am absolutely freaking. I don't even want to go out of my house. The doctor cannot see me for 3 weeks. HELP. How long will this take to resolve and is there anything I can do to hasten the resolution. I look downright ugly

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:53 am 
weird depressions wrote:
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody has ever experienced or heard of a hollowness under the eyes and slight cheek droop after botox for crows feet? I had injections for crows feet and between the brows on the 21st December, three days after awoke to a strange sunken eye look with a slightly droopy upper left cheek which makes my face look bizzare and ugly. I called Allergan and reported this today,they were very helpful and said they have had similar reports but this is not as common as the dreaded eyelid/brow droop. I also told them I have had dry sore eyes and a weird pressure feeling in the left side of my face - they pretty much said that is not related to botox but would put it in the adverse effects report. I am petrified I will look like a side show freak forever and would appreciate any avice.

I also think it is so important to report any side effects to Allergan so that people are making informed choices which are based on fact rather than manipulated statistics when choosing to use botox for cosmetic purposes.

Tanya

My doctor said that it happens when Botox is incorreclty injected. Where were you injected? For crows feet the injection is supposed to be on the sides of an eye, that is it. My girlfriend had it injected like all around her eyes, even under the eyes and had the same side effects...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 am 
Tanya[/quote]

My doctor said that it happens when Botox is incorreclty injected. Where were you injected? For crows feet the injection is supposed to be on the sides of an eye, that is it. My girlfriend had it injected like all around her eyes, even under the eyes and had the same side effects...[/quote]

Tanya, thanks for your reply. Well my doctor, the leading plastic surgeon in my area, injected the botox at the corners of my eye and then in a half crescent pattern down my cheek bone area following the crows-feet fan. I believe he said he was undertreating me with 17 units. Anyway I still have the hollow-eyed, dark circle, cheek dents and look very strange when I smile because everything around my eye just sits there and the unbotoxed area comes up. Definitely NOT a good look. I had to go to my nephews wedding in Connecticut looking like this. I had told my sister I was getting botox for the glabellar region but not the crows-feet. She has said nothing but I can tell just keeps staring at me wondering why I look so weird. I am returning to my doctor on September 5th to show him the effects of his treatment but of course I am sure he can and will do nothing but tell me I look just fine. I might better have tossed the $400 I paid for the crows-feet injections out the window because all it did was make me look older and ugly. I suppose I will have to just wait the 4 to 6 months before I stop resembling a cast-member from the Night of the Living Dead.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:23 am 
There you go. My doctor said that when you inject it done the cheek area, botox will kind of pull your cheeks down. That is wrong injection. Have you tried going to hot sauna? Somebody here suggested it and I tried it. I went for 2 hours twice, massaging my eyebrows very hard (my eyebrows kind of went down as a result of botox. Not alot, but I could see). I went back to normal in a couple of days..

p.s. I went to Korean sauna

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 pm 
I have had botox treatments for several years. No problems. Loved it. This time I am crazed. I get treatments for forehead and jaw line. 5 days after treatment, I find I cannot chew food well. It gets stuck in the side of my face because my cheek is so sunken in. Than my face starts to feel like it has a weight hanging from my right eye down to my jaw. I figure the anxiety comes , due to feeling like I had a stroke. I do find that taking a _ helps. Maybe it relaxes the other side of my face so I am not so freaked out. Please give me an realistic time frame till this goes away. I have 2 young girls and I must leave the house, although I would rather not. The Dr. feels the pulling down was caused by the jaw site and that is why eye is pulling down. I am so glad I found this forum.
Thanks,

Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:34 am 
lotusdiva wrote:
There you go. My doctor said that when you inject it done the cheek area, botox will kind of pull your cheeks down. That is wrong injection. Have you tried going to hot sauna? Somebody here suggested it and I tried it. I went for 2 hours twice, massaging my eyebrows very hard (my eyebrows kind of went down as a result of botox. Not alot, but I could see). I went back to normal in a couple of days..

p.s. I went to Korean sauna

I have not tried going to a sauna. I did go back to my doctor to show him the results and he admitted that he "sees what I see". In other words that I look bad. Of course he took no responsibility saying he did not overinject me (used 10 ccs on each side) and attributed my unattractive result to my anatomy and thinness -- not to anything he had done. He said next time he would use only 6cc on each side and charge me only $200. I suggested perhaps next time (although I doubt there will be a next time for the crows feet) he only inject me at the corners of my eye. He looked a little uncomfortable and said well yes, we could try that. So obviously he knew that I knew that his injection technique may not have been correct. So thank you for that.

I asked him how long this would last and he told me 3 more months. Not what I wanted to hear. So I replied well I just bought new glasses and I guess will be wearing them. He did say that he was glad I came back so we could "sort this out" and just before I walked out the door I heard a feeble "sorry".

As expected he gave me no money back but I at least derived some small satisfaction from returning to show him how bad I looked as a result of his treatment.[/quote]

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 am 
I understand what you have and it is a real ugly problem. The solution is a serum that you can put on the skin and lightly masage it. You will see results in 3 months but it will amaze you. It is not very expensive and it has no side effects.

See u around

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 pm 
staalex wrote:
I have had botox treatments for several years. No problems. Loved it. This time I am crazed. I get treatments for forehead and jaw line. 5 days after treatment, I find I cannot chew food well. It gets stuck in the side of my face because my cheek is so sunken in. Than my face starts to feel like it has a weight hanging from my right eye down to my jaw. I figure the anxiety comes , due to feeling like I had a stroke. I do find that taking a _ helps. Maybe it relaxes the other side of my face so I am not so freaked out. Please give me an realistic time frame till this goes away. I have 2 young girls and I must leave the house, although I would rather not. The Dr. feels the pulling down was caused by the jaw site and that is why eye is pulling down. I am so glad I found this forum.
Thanks,

Jaw line? Why would a doctor inject you there????

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:36 am 
The botox pulls the muscle back, therefore giving a more definate jaw line. This helps if you are a little jowly. It does not last very long.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 am 
"My eyes are sunken into my head, when I smile I get this huge ridge underneath my sunken eyes and deep triangular dents under the outside corner of each eye. In addition, the skin under my eyes is very dark and the skin very wrinkled. I also have noticeble cheek droop on both sides. I went to the Diamond provider in my area and told him I was worried about treating my crows feet because I previously got a slight "shelve" effect. He told me he was treating me very conservatively so as to prevent this but obviously something went very wrong. This is much worse than what I experienced before. I look positively freakish and at least 10 years older than before the injection. I have a major event in 2 weeks and am absolutely freaking. I don't even want to go out of my house. The doctor cannot see me for 3 weeks. HELP. How long will this take to resolve and is there anything I can do to hasten the resolution. I look downright ugly"

I have the same exact problem. It is my fault, though..I started going to a different doctor than I normally go to because he is less expensive, and I sure got what I paid for! Lousy technique..my eyes look sunken, ugly, crepey and OLD! I may be missing some crows feet, but now I actually look older..I am very upset. I will never go to this doctor again. I actually have never been crazy about the subtle strange effect botox in the crow's feet area seems to give, but this is absolutely awful. I looked at photos of myself an I look downright odd. Thank God my sweet ( and younger!) boyfriend did not seem to take notice of it..I think he just thinks I look tired from stress. There are large depressions under my eyes. VERY UNHAPPY! Looks like I am not alone in this...I cannot wait for it to wear off! Oh, and my forehead looks weird also. :(

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 am 
After botox, my eyes look way older. It's like my under eye is compensating for my crows feet at the side that can't activate.
I get a weird deep crease under my left eye when i smile, that I never had before. It's not on my right eye, so is very obvious.
Plus I get strange indents below that.
My eyes look like they're sinking into my head, really deep set.
I went to someone "good". I will NEVER do it again. Can't believe how much older I look.
Hope it goes away.
I think it can weaken the obicularis oculi muscle enough for it to sit back (not activated at all) and let the lower lid sink in.
I'm giving up on restylane too. It swells in the summer heat and humidity. My cheeks were filled a bit and are now really puffy with lumpy Restylane Sub Q. Other reports suggest Sub Q migrates and clumps, which is has!
Avoid it at all costs. This happened months after having the injection. It's more common than people realise. The resty swells, then goes down, then makes you puffy again. ARGH!!!!
Just never, ever touch your face!
Try cosmetic acupuncture instead !!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:28 pm 
weird depressions wrote:
I am so grateful that you have taken the time to respond to me. As horrible as it sounds, knowing that someone else has suffered through and recovered from a similar experience is the only comfort I have had during this time. Was there anything you could do to speed up the eye droop recovery? And is there anything you can do for the dry eyes. My eyes feel as though they have no tears at all, it is horrendous!

Hi there. Did your dry eyes every recover? If so, was it gradual or overnight? Did you need medical intervention? My eyes have been extremely dry for over 6 months now from botox. All of the doctors said it wasn't botox but they were never dry before. I have become distraught as I cannot even go out anymore my eyes are so affected.javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 am 
Thanks so much for your reply. I was beginning to think I was the only person ever to have experienced this type of horrible side effect. I am in Australia and have been unable to find any "valid" infrmation on botox side effects other than this forum. Can I ask are you the lady that had the problem with depressions in your brow from the restalyne/botox combination? I am so sorry to hear of your nightmare if you are. Did you have previous trauma in the area where the botox caused the damage?

I am very concerned because I have swollen ridges at then edge of my eye socket that create weird depressions in my cheeks when I smile. As several people have noted in this forum nobody knows the long term effects, so how can I know if my face will go back to normal? I am so scared! The other thing I keep thinking is how do all of the movie stars and models have large and regular botox injections with no obvious side effects?? I dont get it.... I had the smallest amount for very dynamic crows feet and a tiny bit in between my brows and end up with this nightmare. I know I sound like a whining victim but I am so frustrated, angry and frightened.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 am 
Hey guys. I have actually been experiencing the exact same symptoms as all of you over the past five months, except one thing is different. I have never had botox. I have been looking everywhere for people who have the same issues as me and this is the only place. Does anyone know of any other reason this may occur?? It happened while I was modelling in Korea and was stuck in a house with a lot of smokers for two months and thought the symptoms where just my body not responding well as I have never had a cigarette, but having been home for four moths now, the effects have not cleared and my doctor said any effects from the smoking should have cleared within a couple of weeks. I have gone from feeling like I have the world at my feet to a complete recluse now and feel completely ugly and old and am almost completely unable to recognise myself in the mirror. I'm sorry that this isn't related to cosmetic surgery, but I am so petrified.

Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 pm 
Oh, and the other reason I found these postings so eerily accurate was because I tried explaining to my doctor as if I had had botox. Difficulty moving my brow and around my eyes and it had the worst effect on my left side as well.

Also, the one side of these dents travels down where my eye bags are, accentuating them dramatically and making them look like they extend further out than they do. Was this the same with you guys as well??

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am 
Some really interesting points being made here, thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:28 am 
Some really great points made here, something to think about.

George.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 pm 
I do not know if this is a method is feasible. People - to do two or seriously consider this very, very careful. I think I have lost my face and my life! I feel disfigured! I am very happy, now I'm ugly and anxiety - St., dark circles, sagging cheeks, sunken cheeks.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 am 
Hi everyone

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:23 pm 
Hiya, Ive got exactly the same problem. Cheek ptosis, hollowed eyes that look very sunken, and a few other things too. Did your face ever return to normal?? many thanks

Board index » Aesthetic Dermatology » Botox Forum

Jump to: